Our Quality Standards Mission
Any feedback from our customers is welcomed and supports our mission to continuously innovate, develop and improve the services that we offer.
Our mission is to ensure that any issues raised with Dr Julian are dealt with effectively and efficiently and are resolved at the earliest available opportunity.
Our standards for handling complaints:
- We treat all complaints and concerns seriously.
- We will treat the complainant with courtesy, respect, and fairness at all times. We expect that the complainant will also treat our team dealing with the complaint with the same courtesy, respect, and fairness. If they need to attend any meetings in reference to their complaint, then an advocate will be able to attend with them.
- We will treat the complaint in confidence.
- We will deal with the complaint promptly.
- We will acknowledge receipt of a written complaint within 3 working days. Complainants can expect to have a full written response within 30 working days.
- We will not treat anyone less favourably than anyone else because of their:
1. Gender (including gender reassignment, whether proposed, commenced or completed).
2. Legal marital or same-sex partnership status (including family status and responsibility for dependants).
3. Sexual orientation.
4. Colour or race (including ethnic / national origin or nationality).
6. Religious or political beliefs, or trade union affiliation.
7. Any other unjustifiable factors, for example language difficulties, age, pregnancy and maternity.
How Do I raise an Issue?
Complaints can be raised by:
Phone: 020 3885 5828
Post: The 1921 Building, East Malling, Kent, ME19 6BJ
In the first instance, we recommend that any issues are initially raised directly with your key contact(s) within Dr Julian to give us an opportunity to immediately rectify any concerns and put things right. Any actions we take will be collaboratively discussed and agreed with you. However, if you feel you are unable to do so, or should your concerns not be adequately addressed, then you have the opportunity to escalate this to a formal complaint – you can email or write to us to inform us of your complaint.
Complaints should be made within 12 months of an incident or of the matter coming to your attention.
If you are complaining on behalf of someone else we ask that you please include written consent from the person to whom the complaint concerns. Consent is not required if you are making a complaint in the name of:
- A deceased person.
- Someone who lacks the capacity to make their own decisions.
- A non-Gillik competent child.
Our Complaints Process:
- Your complaint is received and logged.
- An acknowledgement of the complaint will be provided to you within 3 working days, and a full response within 30 working days.
- A member of our team will review, investigate and respond to your complaint as quickly as possible.
- There may be instances where we are unable to send a full response within 30 working days. If this happens, we will let you know why the response is taking longer than we would have liked.
- If you are satisfied with this response the complaint is closed.
- If you are not satisfied, you have the right to appeal the outcome within 10 days by email.
- At appeal, the complaint will then be escalated to a senior manager for further review. An acknowledgement of the appeal will be provided to you within 5 working days, and a final response will be provided within 30 working days.
Reviewed and Updated 2/5/2023.